Rubber Chicken Soup

Rubber Chicken Soup
"Life is funny . . ."

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ten Signs That I’m Old

by Thomas M. Pender

10)          I miss letter writing and visiting people in person

9)            I can’t name a single song that’s been released since 1990

8)            Trips to the doctor mainly consist of questions about “odd things” that are happening

7)            My oldest called me this week, just to check in and see if I was doing okay

6)            The conspicuous presence of gray hairs and lack of blond hairs in the sink when I cut my hair

5)            “Why the hell did I come into this room?” crosses my mind way too often

4)            If I have to bend down to pick something up, there is always a two-second debate in my head about how much I really need it

3)            I’ve started considering checking out the Large Print section of the bookstore

2)            Every day, waitresses look less and less unsure as they ask me if I’m a senior

and

1)            Movie theatre = comfy chair + darkness + climate control = nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment