Rubber Chicken Soup

Rubber Chicken Soup
"Life is funny . . ."

Monday, September 5, 2011

Fools And Kings

by Thomas M. Pender 

With a title inspired by a Billy Joel line, this was a poem from a transitional phase, in which I was talking myself into coming out of my shell and learning to say what I felt and wanted.  I wasn't quite there yet, but I was very close. . . .

 

If I am labeled a Fool
For speaking my heart
Then I hold my head high
And speak for all Fools

For Kings have high rank
And shining adoration
While the Fools are shunned
And ignored

Yet
Were I to remain silent
And let you leave
Without knowing I care

I would merely be a silent Shadow

By voicing my emotion
And my honest affection
I may risk ridicule
But I have survived ridicule

For one day
My honest proclamation
Will catch a dream
And that love
Will make this Fool

A King


written by t. michael pender  10/29/86
copyright 1986 T. Michael Pender.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment