Rubber Chicken Soup

Rubber Chicken Soup
"Life is funny . . ."

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Anthem


by Thomas M. Pender



I am
I am me
And no one else is allowed to be me
They can’t see what I see
They can’t feel what I feel
And I am proud
Proud to be me
I am not arrogant
Because I know that I am not better than others
Just different
Unique
I think
I dream
I fear
I love
I hate
And I cry
And each feeling that I feel
Is mine alone
Things touch me
Like they touch no one else
And I touch others
As no one else can
What others feel toward me
Good or bad
Are their own feelings
And I will not let them change me
In any way
Because if they change me
I will be someone else
And not me
And me is all I want to be
For no one else is allowed to be me
And me is a fine thing to be




written by t. michael pender  5/19/87
©1987 T. Michael Pender.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment