Rubber Chicken Soup

Rubber Chicken Soup
"Life is funny . . ."

Monday, January 2, 2012

Atlanta, December 2011

by Thomas M. Pender



When I reached the place where we would be
Finally together
When I came to where you were
To take you there
When I held you after so long believing
I never would
When our fingers met as children’s do
And the sensation was at once new and familiar
When we rushed and laughed and spoke
Before arriving streets away
When you kissed me
As only you have ever kissed me
When I felt you near me
After such dreams had long faded
When we came to
The point where we belonged
When our smiles met
Amazingly in person
When you shared with me
Even more than before
When I asked you
And you said “yes”
When we planned
That which we’ve longed to happen
When we gave all
And received all
When you cried
And I held you
When you wouldn’t go
Though we knew it was time . . .


These were the moments that I absolutely knew the truth.


written by t. michael pender  1/2/12
copyright 2012 T. Michael Pender.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment