Rubber Chicken Soup

Rubber Chicken Soup
"Life is funny . . ."

Monday, January 9, 2012

If My Love Were Water . . .

by Thomas M. Pender



If my love were water
            It could rain upon the world
            Such to rival the Great Flood of Noah

If my love were feathers
            It could fill a pillow for each time you rest your head
            Until the stars no longer exist

If my love were pebbles
            It could overwhelm the ocean floor
            And replace the world’s waters with seas of stone

And if my love were pennies
            Such a number would have to be created
            To equal its earthly value

But since my love is only emotion
            Which cannot be measured but in sighs and glances
            I shall resort to such silliness as words
            To attempt to measure my love for you



written by t. michael pender  5/8/91
copyright 1991 T. Michael Pender.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment